Chamber recognizes the best in business 2016
The Chamber of Commerce serving Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows recognized the top local businesses at its annual awards banquet on Saturday.
The Business Excellence Awards gala – with a 007 Casino Royale theme – was held at Sky Helicopters, Pitt Meadows Regional Airport.
Twenty four business finalists, from Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows, were honoured in eight categories, from non-profit, community spirit, business of the year, to business leader.
Kaitlyn Herbst, from Global TV, was the evening’s emcee, entertaining almost 200 attendees, who were entertained by the Red Velvet jazz band. “Chamberbucks” were provided to each to play at blackjack tables provided by Chances.
“This year marked another 25 per cent increase of nominees and we were truly blown away by the selection of talent in our communities,” said Michael Morden, chamber president. “I commend and thank our teams of judges on behalf of the Ridge Meadows Chamber of Commerce board and membership. And to our finalists and winners, thank you for your continual dedication to our cities and your commitment to business excellence.”
• Agri-Business of the Year – Severinski Farms Inc.;
• Non-Profit Business of the Year – Friends in Need Food Bank;
• Community Spirit of the Year – Ken Holland;
• Business of the Year (1-10 employees) – Stomping Grounds Café, Bistro and Catering;
• Business of the Year (11-20 employees) – SKY Helicopters;
• Business of the Year (21-plus employees) – RST Instruments Ltd.;
• Non-Profit Leader of the Year – Lindy Sisson;
• Business Leader of the Year – Tom Meier.