- 2015 Federal Election
Hydro pole fire closed Dewdney Trunk Road
A hydro pole fire shut down Dewdney Trunk Road in Maple Ridge Monday morning.
The small fire began around 6:15 a.m. near 207th Street and could not be extinguished for several hours as B.C. Hydro worked to shut off the electrical grid.
B.C. Hydro spokesperson Simi Heer said a transformer malfunction led to the power outage, which affected more than 400 customers between Laity Street and 203rd Street.
Traffic was detoured off the stretch while crews worked to fix the equipment.