Canada Revenue Agency has some fast facts about filing your income tax return online
• Filing your return online means receiving your refund faster.
• Filing online is easy. Certified software and web applications (some of which are free to use) guide you through the process, do your calculations for you, and ensure you don’t miss out on credits and benefits you may be eligible for.
• If you are already filing online, you no longer need a web access code to file your return. Now, all you need to file online is your social insurance number and date of birth.
• Filing online is secure. The CRA uses the same high level of security used by Canadian financial institutions.
• File your income tax and benefit return on time to make sure there are no interruptions to your benefit and credit payments.
• Go to www.cra.gc.ca/getready and let us walk you through, it step by step.
• If you need help filing your return, you can contact the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program. To find a volunteer tax preparation clinic, go to www.cra.gc.ca/volunteer.