Name: Cherie Delainey
Occupation: clerk with LDB, part-time travel agent
1. What experience do you have in public education?
1: My experience is having three children come through the public school system. Each had different needs and each achieved different results. As a parent, I was heavily involved in their education and worked closely with teachers, staff and the school district to support their learning. I’ve also been involved with parent advisory councils at different levels.
2. Why should you be elected to the Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows Board of Education?
2. I believe that being involved is the best way to understand the issues that face our schools and students. I want to make sure public education in our community continues to be held to the highest standard and there is no erosion of special programs already in place. I have a desire to be involved in my community and want to make sure our public education system is maintained for future generations.
3. What do you feel are the most important issues facing public education, and how do plan to address those issues as a school trustee?
3. Reaching a fair collective agreement with our teachers, making sure there is sufficient funding for the district, avoiding further school closures, making sure there are enough new schools to accommodate growth in our community, and health concerns in our schools are the most important issues facing public education. If elected I will work constructively with the other trustees to achieve solutions to these and any other issues that arise.