Maple Ridge firefighters put their equipment away after putting out a fire in a utility closet at a residence in the Laity Square townhouse complex. (Colleen Flanagan/THE NEWS)

Maple Ridge firefighters put their equipment away after putting out a fire in a utility closet at a residence in the Laity Square townhouse complex. (Colleen Flanagan/THE NEWS)

Fire sends two to hospital in Maple Ridge

Fire took place in a utility closet at the Maple Ridge residence

Two people were taken to hospital after a fire at a townhouse complex in Maple Ridge.

Maple Ridge firefighters raced to the scene after 3 p.m. on Tuesday.

The fire started in a utility closet at a residence in the Laity Square townhouse complex in the 11900 block of Laity Street.

A female occupant and her infant child were taken to Ridge Meadows Hospital for observation.

• More to follow