There were two fires Sunday, one at Thomas Haney secondary, and another at a house nearby.
The first was at the high school at about 5 a.m., caused by a fault in an electrical motor on the roof. Firefighters quickly contained the blaze, and there was damage to just one room in the school.
Summer school was scheduled to start the next day, and was able to begin at Thomas Haney on Monday morning without interruption.
On Sunday, at approximately noon, firefighters were called to a house fire on the 11600 block of 231B Street, across from the high school.
Flames were shooting through the roof as they arrived, as fire burned through the attic.
The house was gutted, but all occupants were able to get out safely.
An attached garage and the truck inside of it were destroyed.
Again, the cause of the fire was determined to be electrical.