There are now nine schools in Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows listed by Fraser Health as having exposures to COVID-19.
The schools listed, with the dates of the exposure, are:
• Garibaldi secondary, May 28
• Hammond elementary, May 25
• Harry Hooge elementary, May 25
• Highland Park, May 25
• Laity View elementary May 26
• Maple Ridge secondary, May 25, 26, 28 and June 1
• Pitt Meadows secondary, May 25 and 26
• Samuel Robertson Technical secondary May 25, 26, 27, 28, 31 and June 1 and 2.
• Yennadon elementary May 31
COVID-19 cases have been coming down around the province. Fraser Health is continuing to list cases at schools in the district, and the dates when people with a confirmed case of the virus were at schools.
At any time, if parents or their children develop any symptoms of COVID-19, they are asked to please seek testing and then self-isolate.
Those who have been identified as a COVID-19 positive case or close contact will be contacted directly by Fraser Health’s Public Health team with further instruction. For parents who do not receive a phone call or letter from Public Health, their child should continue to attend school. Monitor your child for COVID-19 symptoms daily.
Have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.