For Pitt Meadows council
• Name: Bill Dingwall.
• Residence: 11712 – 193A Street, Pitt Meadows.
• Occupation/education: Retired RCMP, on leave from Sheriff Services, human resources consultant; Bachelor’s Degree from Simon Fraser University and a Law Degree from the University of Ottawa.
• Volunteer work: Cops for Cancer, co-chair of Law Enforcement Run for Special Olympics; hospice and mission relief work, Alabama; minor sports.
• Who do you support for mayor: Thus far, I have met with two of the candidates and indicated my commitment to work with either one for the good of Pitt Meadows and our citizens.
• Who do you support for mayor: n/a
Question: Please provide an example of what you have done that qualifies you for council?
Answer: As a public servant, I proudly served the RCMP and Sheriff Services for nearly 38 years. I have extensive operational, command, management/executive, financial, human resource and leadership experience. As the chief of police for the Ridge Meadows detachment (1998-2002), I worked extensively with both councils.
Q: Who is funding your campaign?
A: Primarily self-funded (save $50, at this stage).
Q: What makes you stand out from other candidates?
A: I am personable and approachable, and will bring a fresh perspective to council. I have a wealth of experience, often dealing with complex, financial or sensitive issues. I am committed to a positive and professional working environment with council, staff and citizens we serve.
Q: How do you see your city developing in the next 10 years?
A: I see enhanced partnerships with key stakeholders, ‘wise’ growth that includes business development, diversified taxes and tourism, while maintaining our small. unique sense of community that makes Pitt Meadows so desirable.
Q: What will be your top priority if elected to Pitt Meadows council?
A: I am committed to fostering a positive and professional council environment, working towards a traffic congestion resolution, wise growth and tax diversification that makes sense.