Snow returned to Maple Ridge, Wednesday. (THE NEWS/files)

Snowing again in Maple Ridge

Forecast to end by midnight but could return Thursday

If you haven’t washed your car yet, that was probably a good thing.

Because Wednesday afternoon the white stuff came back to Maple Ridge, for yet another blast of winter slush.

Snow started just before 2 p.m. and could pile up to as many as five centimetres over Metro Vancouver, said Environment Canada.

Environment Canada made an initial forecast of mixed rain and snow, then upgraded that to a snowfall warning at mid-afternoon Wednesday.

“Local snowfall amounts near five centimetres can be expected by this evening over eastern Metro Vancouver, as well as western and central Fraser Valley. Snow is expected to taper off later this evening,” said Environment Canada.

On Thursday, the white stuff is likely to return because there’s a forecast of 70 per cent chance of rain showers or wet flurries in the daytime, with only a 30 per cent chance in the evening and a low of -1 C.

On Friday, there could be more of the same, with a 30-per-cent chance of rain or snow and a low of -1 C.

TransLink said Wednesday afternoon that there no impacts of note on its transit services, including bus, SkyTrain, HandyDART, SeaBus and West Coast Express.

TransLink advises that if there is snow or ice, remember to dress for the elements, wear proper footwear and expect occasional service disruptions throughout the day.

People can check the Trip Planner or m.translink.ca for a mobile device, or sign up for transit alerts to be the first to know if there are changes to the transit schedule. TransLink is also on Twitter (@translink), Facebook (TransLink) and save 604-953-3333 on mobile devices.

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

Herd of deer camp out in Yennadon front yard

Four bucks and two does rested under the shrubs of a Maple Ridge home Friday

Pitt Meadows technology to help grow leafy greens in Okanagan

Cubic Farms sold 16 of its machines to a company in Armstrong, B.C.

Maple Ridge mom wants justice on two-year anniversary of daughter’s death

Megan Kinnee, 19, died July 13, 2018 after motorcycle crash in Abbotsford

Maple Ridge neighbourhood rallies together for Saturday garage sale

Event aimed to bring Albion residents together – but not too close – while the financially strapped

Farmers market returns to downtown Maple Ridge

Next Saturday, July 18 people can shop at the newly reconfigured market in Memorial Peace Park

Woman sexually assaulted, robbed near Surrey SkyTrain station: RCMP

Police say the incident happened July 10, just after 11 p.m. near King George SkyTrain station

B.C. Ferries increasing passenger capacity after COVID-19 restrictions

Transport Canada 50-per-cent limit being phased out, no current plans to provide masks

Once-in-a-lifetime comet photographed soaring over Abbotsford

Photographer Randy Small captures Comet NEOWISE in early-morning sky

Amber Alert for two Quebec girls cancelled after bodies found

Romy Carpentier, 6, Norah Carpentier, 11, and their father, Martin Carpentier, missing since Wednesday

Bringing support to Indigenous students and communities, while fulfilling a dream

Mitacs is a nonprofit organization that operates research and training programs

B.C. man prepares to be first to receive double-hand transplant in Canada

After the surgery, transplant patients face a long recovery

Grocers appear before MPs to explain decision to cut pandemic pay

Executives from three of Canada’s largest grocery chains have defended their decision to end temporary wage increases

Man shot dead in east Abbotsford suburbs

Integrated Homicide Investigative Team called to investigate

Most Read