The Maple Ridge Burrards handed out their annual awards recently, honouring some of the top people who helped take the local WLA club to its first appearance in the Mann Cup since the team moved to Maple Ridge from Vancouver.
The team’s most valuable player was goaltender Frankie Scigliano, who was also chosen the MVP of the WLA championship series win against the Victoria Shamrocks.
The offensive player of the year was local boy Mike Mallory of Pitt Meadows, who finished fourth in the WLA with 67 points in 18 games.
Other awards were:
• Most inspirational player Aaron Davis,
• defensive player of the year Colton Porter,
• unsung hero Brandon Mulligan,
• most improved player Clay Miller,
• rookie of the year Matt Symes, and
• volunteer of the year Wayne Funk.