1. Neufeld announces stepping back from some duties
Chilliwack trustee makes announcement at board meeting Tuesday, as hundreds rally outside building. See more >
“LGB and other kids who have problems” a speaker says, adding she heard SOGI123 is “sexualizing children”. #sogi123
— Jessica Peters (@CHWKcommunity) November 29, 2017
2. Surrey basketball player rushed to hospital during game at Holy Cross
“They had to do CPR and called the paramedics, the ambulance got there and tried to resuscitate him, rushed him to the hospital, and the last thing we heard while this was all happening is that they did get him breathing intermittently, but he kept going in and out, so they kept administering CPR.” See more >
3. Crown calls ex-RCMP Tim Shields’ account of sexual encounter ‘rehearsed and self-serving’
A verdict in Tim Shields’ sexual assault trial is expected by the end of the year. See more
Crown attacks what she calls Tim Shields' "carefully crafted narrative" and repeated "mantra" of a relationship w/ the complainant that went from "friendly to flirty to sexual." Says it's too prepared, too rehearsed and should paint Shields as not credible.
— Kat Slepian (@katslepian) November 29, 2017
4. Trinity Western goes to top court over law school, gay rights
The Christian private university wants to start a law school, but it also has a community covenant that bars sexual intimacy outside of heterosexual marriage. See more >
Boonstra, for TWU: "Those who don't share those religious practices will tend not to join."
Justice Wagner: "In my book, that is called discrimination."
— Langley Advance (@LangleyAdvance) November 30, 2017
5. Finding rental housing in Abbotsford like ‘searching for the Holy Grail without Indiana Jones’
The city has Canada’s tightest rental market, but no sign it will improve this year. See more >