The Greater Vancouver Home Builders’ Association has launched its 20th annual Coats for Kids campaign, helping provide a brighter Christmas for families in need.
Celebrating 20 years strong, the ‘20 Days of Giving’ Coats for Kids campaign started Friday, Nov. 13 and runs until Dec. 2.
New and gently used coats can be dropped off at any of the six locations in Maple Ridge.
“Last year the response to Coats for Kids was uplifting as Lower Mainland residents donated more than 4,000 coats, scarves, gloves, and blankets for distribution to children, teenagers, and adults,” said GVHBA Chair Dan Glavind.
Items for youth ages 12-17 are needed most.
“I am delighted to see this annual initiative going strong after 20 years, with the support of the many devoted members of our association,” Glavind said. “As Coats for Kids grows, we can expand the reach of our impact and help even more families in the communities where we work and live.”
Drop-off locations in Maple Ridge for the Coats for Kids campaign:
• Falcon Homes at Wynnridge – 11048 Buckerfield Dr., Mon.-Fri., noon to 5 p.m., Sat. and Sun., noon to 5 p.m.
• Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows News – 22611 Dewdney Trunk Rd., Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows Times – 22345 North Ave., Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Portrait Homes Ltd. – 22850 – 136 Ave., Mon.-Fri., noon to 5 p.m., Sat. and Sun., noon to 5 p.m.
• Reflections On The River – 22327 River Rd., Mon.-Fri., noon to 5 p.m., Sat. and Sun., noon to 5 p.m.
• Signature at Falcon Centre – No. 303, 11862 – 226 St., Mon.-Fri., noon to 5 p.m., Sat. and Sun., noon to 5 p.m.