The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver is again hosting a blanket drive, from Whistler to Hope.
It is the largest and longest running blanket drive in the region, helping about 19,000 people each year.
Since 1994, this event has helped more than 275,000 people in need.
From Nov. 16 to 23, volunteer realtors across the region will work with clients to coordinate donations of blankets and warm winter clothing. The donations are then sorted and delivered to charities in the same community in which they were collected.
“Every community in the Lower Mainland relies on donations from the program and we need the public’s support once again to ensure we can meet this year’s need,” said Darcy McLeod, Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver president.
“The need is real and your donations make a difference. We’re looking for blankets, coats, gloves and other warm winter clothing for men, women and children,” added Jorda Maisey, Fraser Valley Real Estate Board president.
The local drop off points and contact realtors are as follows:
• Janet Maxwell, RE/MAX Results – 20842 Lougheed Highway, 604-467-0811;
• Adriana Sawyer, Royal LePage Brookside – 11933, 224th Street, 604-467-5131;
• Janet Murphy, Coldwell Banker Tri Tel – 22519 Dewdney Trunk Road, 604-467-9300;
• Logan Eskesen, Keller Williams – No. 550, 20395 Lougheed Highway, 604-465-0030;
• Tracey Hatchard, MacDonald Realty – 22718 Lougheed Highway, 604-467-3871;
• Andrew Ellingson and Justin Hennessey,RE/MAX Lifestyles – 22308 Dewdney Trunk Road, 604-466-2838.