A free, non-denominational, old-fashioned Christmas carol sing-a-long will be taking place for seniors.
The first annual event is being put on by the Seniors Network and Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows Community Services Seniors Connect, along with St. George’s Church in Maple Ridge.
It is an opportunity for seniors to get out and enjoy community connections.
There will choral performances, carol singing and both preschool and senior choirs performing, as well as Christmas poems and readings.
St. George’s pastor Rev. David Edgerton will share a short Christmas message of hope.
Refreshments will be available afterwards.
The Old Fashioned Carol Sing takes place from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Dec. 21 at St. George’s Church, 23500 Dewdney Trunk Rd. in Maple Ridge.
• For more information, email email@example.com or call 604-786-7404.
• 10:30 a.m. – welcome by Rev. Edgerton;
• 10:31 a.m. – carol Hark the Herald on organ;
• 10:34 a.m. – song Mele Kalikimaka, performed by Rayne Beveridge;
• 10:38 a.m. – carol O Little Town of Bethlehem on organ;
• 10:43 a.m. – song 12 Days After Christmas, performed by Gwen Browne;
• 10:47 a.m. – carol O Come All Ye Faithful on organ;
• 10:51 a.m. – song Chestnuts Roasting and White Christmas, performed by the Silvertones;
• 10:58 a.m. – song by Little Willows Preschool;
• 11:04 a.m. – reading Luke 2:1-14;
• 11:06 a.m. – talk by Rev. Edgerton;
• 11:13 a.m. – carol Silent Night on piano;
• 11:17 a.m. – song O Holy Night, performed by Beveridge;
• 11:21 a.m. – song and words from Heather, Anna and Co.;
• 11:26 a.m. – carol Joy to the World on organ;
• 11:30 a.m. – blessing by Rev. Edgerton.