Mission Fire Rescue Service was called to a structure fire on Silverhill Avenue on Sunday at about 2 p.m.
At least four fire vehicles were on scene and the Maple Ridge Fire Department was called out to assist. However, crews managed to get the blaze under control quickly.
“Mission Fire Rescue arrived to find a fire on the exterior of a residence on Silverhill. Crews did a quick knockdown of the fire from the outside and then went inside to extinguish the rest of the fire,” said Mission fire chief Dale Unrau.
“It progressed a little bit in the walls and took a little while to overhaul but we contained the fire primarily to the outside of a building with minor damage to the inside.”
Unrau said everyone got safely out of the house and there were no injuries to report.
The fire appears to have started in a small portable generator outside of the home which then started the siding on the house on fire
While the home is located in a heavily wooded area, there were no trees in close proximity to the blaze.
“Unfortunately, the renter in the home did not have insurance,” said Unrau adding that as far as he’s aware, they will be staying with friends until the damage gets looked after.