An afternoon car fire against the back of a residential building in Maple Ridge on Wednesday was accidental, according to Maple Ridge fire chief Howard Exner.
Maple Ridge Fire and Rescue were called to the back alley of a building in the 22200 block of 119 Avenue at about noon where a blue, two-door Saturn was on fire.
One person with asthma had to be “assisted from a patio”, said Exner, as the fire threatened to jump to the complex.
Several of the suites had to be evacuated.
There were no injuries, said Exner.