At least two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a stove-top fire in Maple Ridge Tuesday afternoon.
Maple Ridge firefighters were called to the two-storey building at around 4 p.m. on Aug. 11 in the 11800 block of Laity Street where there were reports of smoke and flames.
Firefighters set up an offensive attack and determined that the fire took place on a stove in a unit on the second floor of the building.
As residents were treated for smoke inhalation, a second ambulance was requested to attend on stand-by.
Laity Street is currently blocked in both directions between Dewdney Trunk Road and Lougheed Highway.
• More as details become available