Surrey house fire leaves nine homeless

Surrey house fire leaves nine homeless

Fourplex burns down, smoke alarms reportedly not in operation

A fire has destroyed a fourplex on 128 Avenue and 103 Street, leaving nine people without a home and sending one person to the hospital. 

Surrey Fire responded to the fire at around 4:45 a.m. Monday morning. Crews extinguished the blaze, but the home was destroyed.

The building’s smoke alarms were reportedly not in operation and the fire was only discovered and called in when a resident smelled smoke.

More to come.

SurreyBC