Timberline Ranch in Maple Ridge aims for a traditional holiday experience for families with its Timberline Country Christmas.
People are urged to avoid crowded malls and long lineups for photos with Santa and visit thee horse ranch, transformed into a Christmas wonderland.
It has pony rides and other activities during a 90-minute to two-hour stay:
• see an Origins of Christmas display that explains our many traditions;
• visit the bakery and decorate a large cookie – and of course eat it;
• take a ride in a covered wagon;
• get lost and find their way through a hay maze;
• visit the petting zoo with bunnies, goats, a miniature horse, llama and more;
• get a family photo in a country Christmas scene;
• visit the workshop and make a Christmas ornament to take home.
Most of the events are indoors, and even the wagon is covered.
Funds raised are used to support the year-round activities at the ranch.
Timberline Ranch is a year-round camp and retreat that serves thousands of children and families each year with summer camps, group rentals.
In is run by a non-profit society.
It is running every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, from now until Christmas. Hours vary.
Thousands of people visit the attraction, and Timberline is taking registration for Country Christmas on their website at timberlinechristmas.ca.