Editor, The News:
We live down Rippington Road and the winds caused a tree to fall on a power line around 2 p.m. Thursday.
As a result, the whole road has lost power, except those with generators.
It has been three days now without any attempt from B.C. Hydro to come fix it.
There are newborn babies and elderly people who live on this street, including our mother.
There is no heat for anyone, no hot water and, obviously, no lights. Just candles and flashlights.
The food for Christmas has all gone bad. We had planned for a large family get-together.
What a shame.
I’m sure that other families on our road have lost their perishables, as well.
My sister went as far as filling coolers with ice.
A neighbour risked his life by cutting the tree with a chainsaw so people could drive by.
Thanks to the Pitt Meadows fire department for coming down and putting up warning barricades so no one hits the tree.
No thanks to Hydro.
Merry Christmas, huh.